The Arkansas Tech University Higher Learning Commission 2020 Steering Committee has released the dates, time and location for a series of open forums designed to provide members of the university community with an opportunity to provide feedback on ATU's accreditation assurance argument and related evidence.
Each of the following open forums will take place at 3 p.m. on the dates listed below in Rothwell Hall room 138:
- Friday, Feb. 14: Criterion 5 (Institutional Effectiveness, Resources and Planning)
- Friday, Feb. 21: Criterion 1 (Mission)
- Friday, Feb. 28: Criterion 2 (Integrity; Ethical and Responsible Conduct)
- Friday, March 6: Criterion 4 (Teaching and Learning; Evaluation and Improvement)
- Friday, March 13: Criterion 3 (Teaching and Learning; Quality, Resources and Support)
"On behalf of the ATU HLC 2020 Steering Committee and all the working groups, we offer an opportunity to engage with our HLC assurance argument and supporting evidence," wrote the ATU HLC 2020 Steering Committee in a document provided to faculty and staff at the President's Communication Committee meeting on Tuesday, Jan. 28. "We have developed a rough draft in support of our upcoming accreditation reaffirmation visit on Nov. 9-10, 2020, complete with collected evidence files. We seek your valuable input on the evidence itself as well as any comments on the draft."
In addition to the open forums, ATU faculty and staff are invited to provide anonymous feedback on the assurance argument and associated evidence through an online form available at www.atu.edu/hlc.
When reviewing the HLC materials, ATU faculty and staff are asked to frame their feedback in the context of these two questions:
- Is the evidence appropriate, applicable and convincing to you?
- Is there evidence that you are aware of in your area (or others) that you think should be included that has not been identified?
For more information, send e-mail to Dr. Jeff Robertson (email@example.com) or Dr. Christine Austin (firstname.lastname@example.org).