The 2012 WonderWeek Committee has announced the sequence of events and competitions scheduled for the third annual WonderWeek.
All WonderWeek activities will be held Monday, Feb. 13 through Saturday, Feb. 18 on the Arkansas Tech campus, and the series of events are designed to promote unity, diversity and campus involvement.
This year’s competitions include “Let’s Can Hunger: Canned Food Sculptures,” “The Olympiad: Chariot Races,” “Best Mocktail at Vegas Night” and “Best Chili Cook-off at Gold Rush.”
Here is a complete list of events for the week:
Monday, Feb. 13-“Rally at the Tower”
- 8 p.m.-midnight at the parking lot between Rothwell Hall and the Doc Bryan Student Services Building, features ice skating and other artificial ice events *may be relocated to the Young Ballroom
Tuesday, Feb. 14-“Tech on Ice”
- 11 a.m.-8 p.m. at the Hindsman Tower, features local bands, music and ice skating
- 8-11 p.m. at the Hindsman Tower, features Wonderland Skating, hot chocolate and cider
Wednesday, Feb.15-“Light the Night: International Festival”
- 7-9 p.m. at the Hindsman Tower, features a lantern festival, food, origami, music and international culture
Thursday, Feb. 16-“The Olympiad”
- 3 p.m. at the Buerkle Field track, features a chariot race and other activities
Thursday, Feb. 16-“Let’s Can Hunger: Canned Food Sculptures”
- Judging 5-7 p.m. in the Doc Bryan Student Services Building (includes a public vote), features sculptures created by student organizations
Thursday, Feb. 16-“Magician Peter Boie: Magic for Non-believers”
- 8 p.m. in the Doc Bryan Lecture Hall
Friday, Feb. 17-“Vegas Night”
- 8 p.m.-midnight in the Doc Bryan Student Services Building, features black light casino games, a best mocktail contest, an oxygen bar, music and dancing
Saturday, Feb. 18-“WonderWalk”
- 9 a.m. at Tucker Coliseum, benefits St. Jude’s Research Hospital
Saturday, Feb. 18-“Gold Rush”
- 1 p.m. at Tucker Coliseum, features a chili cook-off, free t-shirts, tailgating, basketball and Tech spirit
- 4 p.m. at Tucker Coliseum, Golden Suns vs. Henderson State
- 6 p.m. at Tucker Coliseum, Wonder Boys vs. Henderson State
WonderWeek is the joint effort of Student Government Association, Residence Hall Association, Student Activities Board, International and Multicultural Student Services Office, Alumni Association, Greek Life and Up ‘til Dawn.
Click here for more information about WonderWeek or to access the packet of information for student organizations. Packets may also be picked up in the Office of Student Services in Doc Bryan.
Click here to Like the WonderWeek Facebook page.
Keep logging on to arkansastechnews.com for more information about each event and competition.]]>