Student organizations are preparing for the WonderWeek 2011 competitions to commence by painting canvases and making blueprints for canned food sculptures.
WonderWeek is a time for the largest organizations on campus to provide a week of entertainment and prizes for Arkansas Tech students. This is the second year for the week-long event.
Beginning Monday, events will take place each night. The schedule for the week is:
- “Big Money Bingo – Disco Style” sponsored by SAB. Doors open at 7:30 p.m. at Tucker Coliseum and bingo starts at 8 p.m.
- Canvases will be hanging in the Doc Bryan Courtyard until Thursday, when they will be moved to Tucker Coliseum.
- “Don’t Forget the Lyrics” sponsored by SGA and SAB. Doors open at 8:30 p.m. at the Doc Bryan Lecture Hall and the game show starts at 9 p.m.
- Canned Food Sculpture Competition, sponsored by SIFE, will be judged after 5 p.m. in the Young Game Room.
- “Let’s Make a Deal” sponsored by SGA. Doors open at 8:30 p.m. at the Doc Bryan Lecture Hall and the game starts at 9 p.m.
- “Gold Rush” basketball tailgating begins at 3:30 p.m. outside of Tucker Coliseum. Food and t-shirts will be free.
- A pep rally will begin at 4:15 p.m. featuring the spirit squads, coaches, and team members. “Gold Rush” is sponsored by SAB, SGA, RHA, the Alumni Office, and SIFE.
- “Scream for Green” sponsored by SAB. Following the pep rally, student groups will present cheers and skits that support the Wonder Boys and Golden Suns basketball teams.
At each big event, one male and one female with the most spirit will be chosen to compete in the half-time competition at the Gold Rush.
Additionally, Up ‘til Dawn will be accepting donations at each event. The more dollars donated, the more tickets a student will get to enter into a drawing for a $250 dollar book scholarship donated by the Arkansas Tech University Bookstore. The winner must be present at the Gold Rush games to win.]]>