Applications are now available for Arkansas Tech’s Up ‘til Dawn Executive Board.
Packets can be picked up in Student Services and must be returned by 5 p.m. on Monday, May 2.
There are a total of ten positions available, as described below.
- Executive Director – The executive director is responsible for the overall management of the program and serves as the liaison between the Executive Board and the campus and community. The director sets the tone and direction for the Up ‘til Dawn program and must make sure all duties are being carried out to ensure a successful year. Candidates for this position should be a junior or senior, be a seasoned campus leader but not overextended and be creative, driven, approachable, reliable and timely. Additionally, they should be well-connected on campus, able to lead and motivate a group and be able to make Up ‘til Dawn a top priority.
- Assistant Director – The assistant director assists the Executive Director in the overall management of the program. Candidates should be a junior, a developed campus leader that is not overextended, creative and driven, reliable, and able to lead a group. It could be someone who desires to eventually become the Executive Director.
- Morale Chairperson – The morale chairperson is responsible for motivating participants about Up ‘til Dawn. They oversee morale captains, develop the spirit points system and create awareness activities. This person should be energetic, organized, able to get a diverse group of people excited about helping St. Jude and demonstrate leadership qualities.
- Teams Chairperson – The teams chairperson is responsible for recruiting teams, communicating information to teams and acting as liaison between teams and the executive board. They are charged with developing a team recruitment plan that reaches the entire campus. This person should be organized, creative, comfortable speaking to groups, well-connected on campus and be motivated to go the extra mile.
- Public Relations Chairperson – The public relations chairperson is responsible for coordinating publicity in the campus and community. This person needs to be creative in spreading the word about Up ‘til Dawn, be an out-of-the-box thinker, organized, work well with others, and possess talent for writing and art.
- Entertainment Chairperson – The entertainment chairperson is responsible for coordinating and booking entertainment for Up ‘til Dawn events. This person should be organized, creative, not afraid to ask people to provide entertainment for free, and know what constitutes a good time.
- Fundraising Chairperson – The fundraising chairperson is responsible for leading the fund-raising campaign. This person plans the all team meetings. Qualities for this candidate to possess include being organized, detailed, and good with using motivating language.
- Sponsorship Chairperson – The sponsorship chairperson is responsible for soliciting corporate sponsorships, catering donations, monetary donations and in-kind donations. They should be a natural sales person, knowledgeable about Up ‘til Dawn and St. Jude, professional, driven, creative and be able to persevere.
- Advocacy Chairperson – The advocacy chairperson is responsible for educating the executive board and participants about St. Jude Children’s Research Hospital and providing service learning opportunities for participants. This should be someone who has a passion for the patients of St. Jude. They should be creative, knowledgeable and able to get college students to relate to the mission of St. Jude.
- Logistics Chairperson – The logistics chairperson is responsible for making events happen by reserving rooms, understanding the required technology, etc. They should be organized, detail-oriented, reliable and able to attend every event.
Click here to read more about Up ‘til Dawn at Arkansas Tech.]]>