The Arkansas Tech University Department of Music will celebrate the trombone during an afternoon and evening filled with master classes, rehearsals and a recital at Witherspoon Hall on Monday, Jan. 30.
The recital will begin at 7:30 p.m. in Witherspoon Auditorium under the direction of Dr. Daniel A. Belongia, associate professor of music and director of bands at Arkansas Tech. Admission will be free and open to the public.
David Garcia, principal trombonist of the Zurich Opera Orchestra, and Zach Bond, bass trombone artist faculty at Yong Siew Toh Conservatory of Singapore, will teach and perform during Monday’s event.
Additional guest artists will include the following performers and teachers:
- Michael Underwood, Arkansas Symphony Orchestra/University of Arkansas Little Rock
- Justin Isenhour, Arkansas Symphony Orchestra/Ouachita Baptist University
- Justin Cook, University of Central Arkansas
- Bruce Faske, Arkansas State University
- Jamie Lipton, Henderson State University
- Jason Hausback, Missouri State University
- Dewayne Dove, Russellville High School
- Zach Whitworth, Dardanelle High School
- Ryan Matejek, Danville High School
Max Thein of Thein Fine Brass Instruments will be on hand with trombones for all to test.