Several Arkansas Tech students were honored with ADDY Awards by the Arkansas Advertising Federation for their creative design work. The students were recognized during the ADDY Awards Gala in Little Rock on February 20.
Arkansas Tech students swept the student ADDY competition and claimed all the awards in the category. The students who received ADDY Awards are enrolled in art and graphic design classes at Arkansas Tech.
Arkansas Tech student Amanda Standridge received student Best of Show and a Student Gold ADDY Award for her packaging design “Puro Water Bottles.”
Tech student Charlotte Pelton was honored with the student Best Design and a Student Gold ADDY Award for her packaging design “Posh Paint.”
Both Pelton and Standridge will have their work entered into the district competition, which will take place later this year.
Other Arkansas Tech students honored were:
- Elizabeth Underwood– student Silver Addy for a typographic illustration
- Cadie Muilenburg– student Silver Addy for packaging design
- Sondra Storie– student Bronze Addy for poster design
- Thanh Phuong Pettit– student Bronze Addy for illustration work
- Natsuki Uno– student Bronze Addy for typographic portrait
- Carolyn Brickels, Laura Burton and Rebekah Johnson– student Bronze Addy for animation piece
According to their website, the Arkansas Advertising Federation serves the advertising profession of Arkansas by “providing opportunities for professional development, networking, legislative influence and industry promotion.”
The ADDY Awards are designed to recognize “excellence in advertising and promote the highest creative standards in the advertising industry.”
To find out more about the Department of Art at Arkansas Tech, visit their website.]]>