Arkansas Tech College of Business students are learning firsthand about their chosen career from area professionals as part of the College to Career Conference.
This year marked the inaugural year for the conference, which was hosted by the Student Success Center and the Arkansas Tech College of Business.
The conference was also the first event for the newly created Student Success Center at Arkansas Tech. The Student Success Center is an initiative for students within the College of Business and is designed to promote student success through advising, internships, mock interviews, etiquette workshops and career placement planning.
During Friday’s event, nearly 500 students had the opportunity to hear from industry professionals about their career choice.
Industry professionals discussed the value of education to the business industry.
The following individuals served as panelists during Friday’s conference:
- Deana Infield—Beall Barclay, CPA
- Jim Smith— Smith Hurst Law Firm
- Ken Rossi—BKD, CPA
- Kevin Norton—Rasco, Winter, Abston, Moore, CPA
- Angie Hopkins—Frost, CPA
- Russell Apple—First National Bank – Fort Smith
- Jennifer Schalk—Taber Extrusions
- Robin Bean—BMO Harris Bank
Economics and Finance:
- Jim Murphy—Brown and Brown Insurance
- Heather Nelson—First Federal Bank
- Steven Sosebee—Arvest Bank
- Jared Wood—Regions Bank
- Dan Wilkins—Microlending Expert
- Max Mathis—Blackstone Construction
- Roy Reaves—Liberty Bank
- Bob Laster—First State Bank
Management and Marketing:
- Roby Brock—Talk Business
- Wilson Moore—Bank of America
- Tim McKenna—Acxiom
- Jim Petty—StrategicRealty
- Brad Allen—McDonald’s
- Anna Kay Frueauff Williams—Charles A. Frueauff Foundation
- Brad McBride—Bank of America.
Organizers say they look forward to sponsoring the College to Career Conference annually. See photos from Friday's conference.
For more information on the College of Business or the Student Success Center at Arkansas Tech, visit the College of Business website.]]>