Party at the Plaza, the tailgating celebration before every Arkansas Tech University home football game, will have a new location for the 2019 season.
Traditionally held on Centennial Plaza, pre-game tailgating before Wonder Boys football games in 2019 will take place a few hundred feet to the north on the Crabaugh Hall lawn.
The move was made necessary by the April 3 fire at Williamson Hall. Relocating to the Crabaugh Hall lawn for 2019 will provide for the safety of Party at the Plaza participants and avoid any possible interference with recovery work at the Williamson Hall site over the coming months.
This will mark the 12th consecutive season for ATU’s Party at the Plaza.
Open to all fans and family friendly, Party at the Plaza provides an opportunity for Wonder Boys fans to gather, eat, listen to music and prepare for kickoff.
Arkansas Tech will play six home football games at Thone Stadium at Buerkle Field in 2019, all of which are Great American Conference contests. The Wonder Boys will be led by first-year head coach Kyle Shipp, a Morrilton native and ATU alumnus.
Party at the Plaza dates in 2019 are:
• Sept. 14, Tech vs. Ouachita Baptist, 6 p.m. kickoff, 3 p.m. tailgating (Family Day)
• Sept. 28, Tech vs. Southern Arkansas, 6 p.m. kickoff, 4 p.m. tailgating
• Oct. 5, Tech vs. Oklahoma Baptist, 6 p.m. kickoff, 3 p.m. tailgating (Homecoming)
• Oct. 19, Tech vs. Northwestern Oklahoma State, 2 p.m. kickoff, noon tailgating
• Nov. 2, Tech vs. Southeastern Oklahoma State, 2 p.m. kickoff, noon tailgating
• Nov. 16, Tech vs. Harding, 2 p.m. kickoff, noon tailgating
Game tickets are $10 for adults and $5 for senior citizens and children. Those under age 5 are admitted free. Those with a valid ATU identification card are also admitted free. Tickets will be available for purchase at the stadium ticket office during Party at the Plaza.