Arkansas Tech University students were honored Tuesday evening for their work in student organizations during the Student Leadership Recognition Gala in the Young Ballroom.
The annual event honors those students who serve in a leadership capacity at Arkansas Tech.
Susie Nicholson, vice president for student services and university relations, said getting active in campus organizations yields benefits for students.
“Your contribution to learning and growing, your contribution to our retention effort and your other contributions have made Arkansas Tech and our community a better place for all of us,” said Nicholson.
Leaders from a variety of campus organizations including Greek Life, Residence Hall Association, Student Government Association, Student Activities Board, the Tech Spirit Squads and the Guiding Organization Leaders’ Development Cabinet were recognized.
Student leaders and organizations garnering special accolades included:
- Greek Woman of the Year– Bailey Taylor, Delta Zeta
- Greek Man of the Year– Patrick Kamerling, Sigma Phi
- Greek Outstanding Staff Member– Thomas Strahan
- Campus Recreation Top Female Performer– Ashley Grigsby
- Campus Recreation Top Male Performer– Mitch Thompson
- GOLD Leader of the Year– Patrick Kamerling
- Outstanding Orientation Leaders–Dausen Duncan, Terrell Shephard, Jay Anderson, Evan Gray, Alex Phetchareun, Sierra Pisciotta, Savannah Boster, Porscha Brents, Erica Goss and Camille Jordan
- Tech Cheer Spirit Award– KJ Thompson
- Golden Girls Spirit Award– Blair Miller
- Tech Cheer Most Improved– Corbin Atkins
- Golden Girls Most Improved–Amber Thompson
- Tech Cheer MVP– Ryan Pearson
- Golden Girls MVP– Jordyn Freeman & Raigan Purtle
- SGA Senators of the Year– Tabitha Hudspeth
- SGA Professor of the Year– Thomas Pennington
- Community Service Project of the Year– Because We Can for their creation of a Campus Kitchen at Arkansas Tech
- Event/Program of the Year– The Anthropology Club for The Last Lecture
- Charitable Fundraiser of the Year– Spectrum for the Drag Show
- Most Improved Student Organization– Sigma Phi Epsilon
- Outstanding Student Organization Member– Tyler Avery, Sigma Phi Epsilon
- Outstanding Student Organization President– Mac Croft, Sigma Phi Epsilon
- Outstanding Club and Organization Faculty Advisor– Dr. James Stobaugh and Dr. Sean Huss, Because We Can
- Arkansas Tech Service Excellence Award- Page Allen, Katie Bryan, Jenna Cahoon, Kaylee Clark, Chantel Edge, Suede Graham, Samantha Hurlburt, Madeline Maness, Kelsey Nilsen, Jessica Oliver, Eva Samayoa, Zach Schwartz
- Cupola Award– Dr. Sean Huss, Because We Can