Applications are now available for those interested in serving on the 2011-2012 Student Government Association.
Application packets are available in the Office of Student Services, and completed packets must be returned by 5 p.m. on Friday, April 8. The elections are scheduled to take place on Wednesday, April 13, from 10 a.m.-4 p.m. in Doc's Place.
As part of the packet, students wishing to serve must collect 25 signatures from their peers in order to appear on the ballot.
Students must be in good standing with the university, have a cumulative 2.25 Grade Point Average (GPA) and be enrolled as a full-time student for the 2011-2012 academic year. Those elected will serve for one year, and the term will begin immediately following the election.
Those wishing to serve on the executive board must have at least a 2.5 GPA and have previous senate experience.
The following positions will be voted on during the election:
- Vice President
- Secretary of Finance/Administration
- Secretary of Internal Affairs
- Secretary of Student Development
- Secretary of Public Relations
- Three senators per class (Freshman, Sophomore, Junior, Senior)
- Eight senators “at-large”
- One senator from each college (Applied Sciences, Arts and Humanities, Business, Education, Natural and Health Sciences, Professional Studies and Community Outreach, and the Graduate College)
The Arkansas Tech Student Government Association is the governing body of the students, and SGA meets every Wednesday at 12:15 p.m. in the Doc Bryan Senate Room.
For more information, contact SGA President Travis Flower at firstname.lastname@example.org.]]>