Elections will be held today to determine the 2011-2012 Student Government Association and Professor of the Year.
The elections are scheduled to take place on Wednesday from 10 a.m.-4 p.m. in Doc's Place.
The following candidates will be voted on during the election:
- President: Roger Norman, Jake Smith
- Vice President: Catherine Wilkins (uncontested)
- Secretary of Finance and Administration: Dan Dillard, Devin Rogers
- Secretary of Internal Affairs: Ryan Morton (uncontested)
- Secretary of Student Development: Matt Parker, Cassie Williams
- Secretary of Public Relations: Hunter "Wallace" Mullins (uncontested)
- 3 Sophomore Senators: Caitlyn Brinegar, Samantha Maestas, Allen Simmons (uncontested)
- 3 Junior Senators: Lindsey Cook, Lyndi Mabry, Allie Pipkin, Kaitlin Short
- 3 Senior Senators: Jose Harber, Kala Burgener (uncontested)
- 8 Senators at Large: Kerri Fortson, Alan Fulcher, Sarah Haaser, Marisa Jones, Katie Runion, Amanda Sparks, Ron White (uncontested)
- One senator from each college (Applied Sciences, Arts and Humanities, Business, Education, Natural and Health Sciences, Professional Studies and Community Outreach, and the Graduate College): no applications received
Additionally, Professor of the Year will be voted on during the elections. There is one nomination from each college.
The Arkansas Tech Student Government Association is the governing body of the students, and SGA meets every Wednesday at 12:15 p.m. in the Doc Bryan Senate Room.
For more information, contact SGA President Travis Flower at email@example.com.]]>