The Arkansas Radio Theatre has announced its Fall 2012 schedule of broadcasts on KXRJ 91.9 FM.
The season will feature three new shows.
Henry V, a Shakespeare classic, is one of the news shows, and it was adapted for radio by Dr. James Moses, professor of history. The play will be divided into two episodes.
Mount Monologue is another new show and features student-written one plays by Hannah-Leigh Baker, Spree Hilliard, Katelin Hinds-White, Tim Jarmon, Susan Kidd, Samantha McKinzie and Grace Quay.
The final new piece to debut this fall is Mary Postgate. The play is a tale of a woman consumed by revenge during World War I.
All broadcasts will take place Saturdays 7 p.m., on KXRJ 91.9 FM.
The schedule is as follows:
- September 8: Henry V, Episode 1
- September 15: Henry V , Episode 2
- September 22: Othello
- September 29: Henry V, Episode 1 (re-broadcast)
- October 6: Henry V , Episode 2 (re-broadcast)
- October 13: Mount Monologue
- October 20: Mount Monologue (re-broadcast)
- October 27: The Monkey’s Paw
- November 3: Vim and Vigor
- November 10: Mary Postgate
- November 17: Mary Postgate (re-broadcast)
- November 24: Children of the Zodiac
- December 1: The Five Little Peppers Merry Christmas
- December 8: A Christmas Carol
- December 15: The Five Little Peppers Merry Christmas (re-broadcast)
- December 22: A Christmas Carol (re-broadcast)
Founded in 2007, the Arkansas Radio Theatre, operating under the auspices of the Arkansas Tech Department of Speech, Theatre & Journalism, is dedicated to audio performances of new plays and adaptations from classic literature.
For more information, contact Dr. Eshelman at email@example.com.]]>