The Practical Nursing Program at Arkansas Tech – Ozark recognized 18 graduating nursing students during a pinning ceremony Friday evening at the Student Services and Conference Center on the Ozark Campus.
During the ceremony, Bruce Sikes, chief academic officer, introduced special guests, while Dr. Robert C. Brown, president of Arkansas Tech University, welcomed those in attendance.
In addition to receiving pins, the students also recognized nurses in the field who assisted them in their clinical training.
The following individuals received special recognition:
RN of the Year:
- Wanda Darter, - RN, Johnson Regional Medical Center
- Tim Fuller - RN , Summit Medical Center
LPN of the Year:
- Fay Keith – LPN, Johnson Regional Medical Center
- Grace Brown – LPN, Summit Medical Center
CAN of the Year
- LaFonda Stepp - CNA, Ozark Nursing Home
- Jerry Gomez – CNA, Crawford Health and Rehab
Nursing students on the Russellville campus also received their pins Friday evening. Read more about that.]]>