Nine members of the Arkansas Tech University freshman class of 2012 have received an Arkansas Tech Alumni Association Scholarship through the Arkansas Tech Foundation.
A total of $18,250 in Arkansas Tech Alumni Association Scholarships was awarded to incoming freshmen for the fall 2012 semester.
The scholarships are funded by private donations to the Arkansas Tech Foundation, including $25 from each individual with an Arkansas Tech license plate.
The Arkansas Tech license plates, which can be purchased at any Arkansas Department of Revenue office, are available to any alumnus, student, employee or friend of Arkansas Tech that resides in Arkansas.
This year’s recipients of the Arkansas Tech Alumni Association Scholarship are:
• Phillip Matthew Boyd of Mansfield (photographed, top left)
• Zayne Dalton Bryson of Dardanelle (photographed, top center)
• Austin Patrick Fitts of Hamburg (photographed, top right)
• Emily Ann Hogue of Beebe (photographed, middle left)
• John Tyler Knight of Russellville (photographed, middle center)
• Alison Lanette McCarley of Lamar (photographed, middle right)
• Summer Camilla Salazar of Harrison (photographed, bottom left)
• Jeffrey David Spikes of Danville (photographed, bottom center)
• Melody Diane Tabor of Russellville (photographed, bottom right)
Applicants for the Arkansas Tech Alumni Association Scholarship must be entering freshmen with a minimum high school cumulative grade point average of 3.2 on a 4.0 scale. They must also enroll in a minimum of 12 semester hours during the semester of the award and have a minimum composite ACT score of 21.
Other requirements include that at least one of the applicant’s parents attended Arkansas Tech, receipt of the applicant’s official high school transcript, two letters of recommendation and a one-page essay from the applicant explaining why he or she chose Arkansas Tech and any other personal information that might be useful to the committee in making its selections.
For information about contributing toward or applying for the Arkansas Tech Alumni Association Scholarship, call (479) 968-0242 or send e-mail to email@example.com.
Click here to learn more about the Arkansas Tech Alumni Association.]]>