Arkansas Tech University is launching a new tuition waiver policy effective with the beginning of the spring 2019 semester.
A committee comprised of faculty, staff and administrators developed the policy, which has been approved by the Board of Trustees.
The new policy includes an online, paperless process that will aid in record keeping and create efficiencies as it coordinates this benefit with the Banner system.
Some of the highlights of the policy include:
- The waiver applicant must be registered for courses for the selected term at the time of submission.
- The waiver applicant must not already have a waiver for the selected term submitted and pending approval.
- The waiver applicant must not exceed the lifetime maximum hours of 144 for undergraduate and 40 for graduate.
- If applicable, the selected child dependent must be less than 24 years of age within the calendar year of the selected term.
- The employee must be full-time as of the start date of the selected term.
- The request must be submitted by the first day of class of the selected term.
Credits earned prior to this policy being in place do not count toward the 144 undergraduate hours or 40 graduate hours lifetime maximums.
Please use this link to locate the policy on the Office of Human Resources website: https://www.atu.edu/hr/forms.php
Please use this link to find the online form to process a tuition waiver request for you or your dependent(s): https://ssoprod.atu.edu/ssomanager/c/SSB?pkg=hwpkfswf.p_requestForm