Arkansas Tech University and North Arkansas College signed an articulation agreement on Wednesday, Oct. 6, that will assure a smooth transition to specified baccalaureate degree programs at ATU for graduates from NAC.
Under the terms of the agreement, graduates of the following associate degree programs who are in good standing at NAC are eligible to transfer to ATU for an approved baccalaureate degree program with full junior classification upon admission.
The corresponding associate and baccalaureate degree programs included in the articulation agreement are:
• Associate of Arts to Bachelor of Arts in organizational leadership
• Associate of Arts to Bachelor of Science in environmental science
• Associate of Science in agriculture to Bachelor of Science in agriculture business
• Associate of Science in agriculture to Bachelor of Science in agriculture, horticulture option
• Associate of Science in business to Bachelor of Science in Business Administration in business data analytics
• Associate of Science in criminal justice to Bachelor of Arts in criminal justice and criminology
• Associate of Science in elementary education to Bachelor of Science in elementary education
The agreement was signed by Dr. Robin E. Bowen, ATU president, and Dr. Rick Massengale, NAC president.
“Arkansas Tech University has long been a natural pathway for graduates from North Arkansas College due to our geographic proximity to each other,” said Bowen. “This agreement further solidifies established partnerships between our two institutions and guarantees a seamless pathway for eligible Northark graduates to continue their education at Arkansas Tech. Agreements such as this align with ATU’s mission of student access and student success by extending opportunity to deserving and determined students.”
Learn more about transferring to ATU at www.atu.edu/admissions/transfer.php.