Arkansas Tech University Counseling Services will offer a QPR Gatekeeper Training for the university community at 2 p.m. on Wednesday, Feb. 15, in Doc Bryan Student Services Center room 242.
The training is free and open to all ATU faculty, staff and students.
According to the QPR Institute, the key components of the gatekeeper training are as follows:
- How to Question, Persuade and Refer (QPR) someone who may be suicidal
- How to get help for yourself or learn more about preventing suicide
- The common causes of suicidal behavior
- The warning signs of suicide
- How to get help for someone in crisis