Students in the Arkansas Tech University health information management degree program had an opportunity earlier this month to learn more about the careers that will be available to them after graduation.
Eight health information management professionals from around the state visited Arkansas Tech for a "Showcase of HIM Careers" on April 13.
"We had both junior and senior HIM students attend the festivities for the day," said Dr. Melinda Wilkins, professor of health information management and director of health informatics and health information management programs at Arkansas Tech. "It’s an annual event that has really been a great resource for the students."
The following professionals told Tech HIM students about their careers:
- Annette Smith, Consultant, Arkansas Medical Management
- Kelly Savoy, Director of HIM, Baptist Health
- Kortni Dixon, Implementation Specialist, HIT Regional Extension Center
- Lacey Howard, Implementation Specialist, HIT Regional Extension Center
- Jennifer Stroud, Director of HIM, Bradley County Medical Center
- Cindy McLain, CEO, Select Specialty Hospital
- Rachel Nelson, Director of HIM, Mena Regional Health System
- Theresa Rogers, Senior Project Manager, Arkansas Children's Hospital
Click here to learn more about the study of health information management at Arkansas Tech.]]>