The brackets for the inaugural Great American Conference Basketball Tournament have been set, and soon 16 NCAA Division II basketball teams will descend upon Bartlesville, Okla., to crown postseason champions in men's and women's basketball.
All games during the GAC Tournament will be played at 2,300-seat Bruin Field House (photographed) in Bartlesville, which hosted the NCAA Division II Lone Star Conference Tournament for the past four years.
Fans can purchase an adult all-tournament pass at the door for $55. That pass will give fans admission to all 14 games during the tournament --- a price of less than $4 per game.
Student all-tournament passes are available for $27 --- less than $2 per game.
Single-session tickets ($12 for adults; $7 for students) will also be available at the Bruin Field House door.
Arkansas Tech, which swept the regular season GAC championships, will be the No. 1 seed in both the men's and the women's bracket.
The event will begin with four first-round men's games on Thursday (tournament seedings in parentheses):
(6) Harding vs. (3) Arkansas-Monticello, Noon
(7) Southwestern Oklahoma State vs. (2) Henderson State, 2:30 p.m.
(8) Southern Arkansas vs. (1) Arkansas Tech, 6 p.m.
(5) Southeastern Oklahoma State vs. (4) Ouachita Baptist, 8:30 p.m.
Friday will be ladies' day at the GAC Tournament with four first-round women's games (tournament seedings in parentheses):
(6) Arkansas-Monticello vs. (3) Ouachita Baptist, Noon
(7) East Central University vs. (2) Southwestern Oklahoma State, 2:30 p.m.
(8) Southeastern Oklahoma State vs. (1) Arkansas Tech, 6 p.m.
(5) Henderson State vs. (4) Harding, 8:30 p.m.
The men's and women's tournament semifinals will be played on Saturday, while the championship games are set for 1 p.m. (men) and 3:30 p.m. (women) Sunday.
All games at the GAC Tournament involving Arkansas Tech will be broadcast by KWKK 100.9 FM.
Click here to access an Internet stream of the broadcasts.
Click here to view the GAC Tournament home page.
Click here to learn more about Arkansas Tech Athletics.]]>