Arkansas Tech University students interested in pursuing a new leadership studies minor are invited to attend a kickoff rally on Thursday, March 30.
The event will take place from 4-5 p.m. in Doc Bryan Student Services Center room 242. Light refreshments will be served.
"This is an opportunity to talk with faculty and staff about how this could enhance your college experience as well as your professional goals," said Dr. Linda Bean, who serves as associate dean in the ATU College of Education and is filling the role of program coordinator for the leadership studies minor. "Students are welcome to drop by and ask questions to find out how this would fit into their academic plans."
Approved electives for the leadership studies minor include:
College of Arts and Humanities
- PHIL 3023: Ethics
- JOUR 3173: Public Relations Principles
- PSY/SOC 4043: Social Psychology
- COMM 4063: Organizational Communication
College of Business
- MGMT 4123: Business Leadership
College of Education
- LEAD 4103: Special Problems in Leadership
College of Engineering and Applied Sciences
- EAM 3053: Introduction to Ethical and Legal Issues in Emergency Management
- EAM 3013: Public Policy and Politics in Emergency Management
- EAM 4043: Disaster and Emergency Management Ethics
- EAM 4063: Leadership
- AGLE 3003: Personal Leadership Theory and Development
- AGLE 3013: Team Leadership and Organizational Change
The leadership studies minor kickoff rally is an On Track event in the Aspiring Leader track.
For more information about the leadership studies minor, call (479) 880-4401 or send e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.