Eleven members of the Arkansas Tech University freshman class of 2011 have received an Arkansas Tech Alumni Association Scholarship through the Arkansas Tech Foundation.
This year’s recipients are:
- Nate Bartlett of Heber Springs (top row, left)
- Katelyn Barton of Greenwood (top row, middle)
- T.J. Branham of Booneville (top row, right)
- Tamara Bull of Greenwood (second row, left)
- Tyler Dodd of Russellville (second row, middle)
- Dylan Erwin of Springfield (second row, right)
- Jordan Garcia of Van Buren (third row, left)
- Tyler Reese of Heber Springs (third row, middle)
- Beth Ann White of Ozark (third row, right)
- Charles Wilbers of Clinton (bottom row, left)
- Jordon Zimmerman of Hattieville (bottom row, right)
Applicants for the Arkansas Tech Alumni Association Scholarship must be entering freshmen with a minimum high school cumulative grade point average of 3.2 on a 4.0 scale. They must also enroll in a minimum of 12 semester hours during the semester of the award and have a minimum composite ACT score of 21.
Other requirements include that at least one of the applicant’s parents attended Arkansas Tech, receipt of the applicant’s official high school transcript, two letters of recommendation and a one-page essay from the applicant explaining why he or she chose Arkansas Tech and any other personal information that might be useful to the committee in making its selections.
One of the major sources of revenue for the Arkansas Tech Alumni Association Scholarship program is the sale of Arkansas Tech license plates through the State of Arkansas.
The Arkansas Tech license plates, which can be purchased at any Arkansas Department of Revenue office, are available to any alumnus, student, employee or friend of Arkansas Tech.
For information about contributing toward or applying for the Arkansas Tech Alumni Association Scholarship, call (479) 968-0242 or send e-mail to email@example.com.]]>