Students from the Arkansas Tech University College of Business were honored for their service to the college and their scholastic achievement during an awards program at the Chambers Cafeteria East Banquet Hall on Tuesday, April 26.
Senior Jenn Terrell of Wickes (photgraphed with Dr. Ed Bashaw, dean of the College of Business) took home the College of Business Leadership Award.
Terrell has served as president of the Marketing Club and publicity officer for Students In Free Enterprise at Arkansas Tech. She founded the Vegetarian Club at Tech in fall 2010.
A past member of the Student Activities Board, Terrell has worked as station manager and as a disc jockey at campus radio station KXRJ 91.9 FM, on theatrical productions in the Arkansas Tech Department of Speech, Theater and Journalism and as a news anchor for the campus television station.
Terrell was selected for induction into Beta Gamma Sigma Honor Society. She has served on the Arkansas Tech College of Business Student Advisory Board. Daughter of Jeannine Terrell of Grannis, Terrell is majoring in marketing and management at Arkansas Tech. She will graduate in May 2011.
Below is a list of the winners of Tuesday's other top awards:
- Joseph L. Moore Outstanding Economics Award: Leah Cossey of Fort Smith
- Robert A. Young Outstanding Business Award: Amberle Morgan of Farmington
- Gary K. Burris Outstanding Accounting Scholar: Kristi Anderson of Alma
- College of Business Ambassador Award: Kirsten Boyd of Russellville
- National Business Education Award: Desha Nelson of Russellville
- Billy Ramsey SIFE Award: Lindsey Falkenstein of Pea Ridge
The College of Business also recognized students chosen for Who's Who Among American University and College Students, student organization leaders, inductees into Beta Gamma Sigma, those students earning departmental scholarships and those students with grade point averages of 3.5 or better during the event on Tuesday.
Click here to view more photographs from the 2011 College of Business Awards Program.]]>