Superintendents, principals and other K-12 administrators from around the state of Arkansas have been at the Arkansas Tech University Center for Leadership and Learning in recent days to begin the 2012-13 Leader to Leader (L2L) programs.
Leader to Leader was introduced by Arkansas Tech University in 2007 as a means of providing continuing education opportunities for school superintendents.
The program was expanded to include school principals in 2010.
A total of 54 K-12 school leadership personnel from Arkansas are enrolled in the 2012-13 L2L programs.
Participants in the superintendent and principal Leader to Leader programs at Arkansas Tech will gather for meetings throughout the academic year to learn new techniques in school administration and share information about their common challenges and solutions.
Dr. Merle Dickerson, superintendent of the Van Buren School District, serves as director for the Leader to Leader programs at Arkansas Tech.
Dr. Mary Gunter, dean of the Arkansas Tech Graduate College, provides additional oversight of the programs.
The programs are administered under the auspices of the Arkansas Center for Executive Leadership at Arkansas Tech University.
The 25 members of L2L Superintendent Class VI at Arkansas Tech (with the school district or other educational entity they represent in parentheses) are:
- Nancy Anderson (Cutter Morning Star)
- Larry Ben (Decatur)
- Kathy Berryhill (Pangburn)
- Daryl Blaxton (Pocahontas)
- Melvin Bryant (Stuttgart)
- John Ciesla (Greenwood)
- Bryan Duffie (Westside Consolidated)
- Carl Easley (Wynne)
- Shawn Halbrook (Harrison)
- Annette Henderson (South Conway County)
- Clay Hendrix (Lincoln)
- Mike Hernandez (Danville)
- Larry Ivens (Yellville-Summit)
- Joan Jones (County Line)
- John Karnes (West Fork)
- Rob McGill (Academics Plus)
- Rick Neal (Pea Ridge)
- Steve Rose (Lavaca)
- Eric Saunders (East End - Bigelow)
- Kellee Smith (Corning)
- Terri Strope (Farmington)
- Arthur Tucker (Brinkley)
- David Turnbough (Mammoth Spring)
- Sheena Williamson (Searcy)
- Carolyn Wilson (Cherry Valley)
The 29 members of L2L Principal Class III at Arkansas Tech (with the school they represent in parentheses) are:
- Tarek Anderson (Reed Elementary School - Dumas)
- Amanda Britt (Cotter High School)
- Jerrod Burns (Ozark High School)
- Pat Cagle (Orr Elementary School - Fort Smith)
- Brenda Clark (Prairie Grove Primary School)
- Dennis Emerson (Poyen High School)
- Karen Endel (Butterfield Trail Middle School - Van Buren)
- Lori Griffin (Milton Primary School - Ozark)
- Jay Holland (Lamar Middle School)
- Reba Holmes (Prairie Grove Middle School)
- James Jackson (International Studies Magnet Elementary School - Jonesboro)
- Velda Keeney (Malvern Junior High School)
- George Kennedy (Hackett Elementary School)
- Pamela Kessell (Hope High School)
- Sandy McCall (Brookland Elementary School)
- Michele McWilliams (Pinkston Middle School - Mountain Home)
- Randy Oxford (Brookland Middle School)
- Linda Pledger (Eagle Heights Elementary School - Harrison)
- Jill Rader (Magnolia Kindergarten Center)
- Todd Rhoades (Success Achievement Academy - Jonesboro)
- Julia Rice (Benton County School of the Arts K-8)
- Roger Ried (Southside High School - Batesville)
- Marcia Sanders (NW Arkansas Education Service Coop)
- Dion Stevens (Southside Middle School - Batesville)
- Don Stringer (White Hall High School)
- Peggy Walter (Fairview Elementary School - Fort Smith)
- William Webb (Poyen Elementary School)
- Kim Wilkerson (Sidney Deener Elementary School - Searcy)
- Jeff Winkle (Skyline Heights Elementary School - Harrison)
Click here to learn more about the Arkansas Center for Executive Leadership at Arkansas Tech University.]]>