Arkansas Tech University student Carly Copeland is the 2016 Miss Arkansas Tech University.
Copeland, a freshman from Clarksville, is an education major at Arkansas Tech.
She was was sponsored by her sorority Zeta Tau Alpha, and her parents are Donna and Jody Copeland.
She was selected from a field of 14 contestants to win the title. Her critical issue is mentoring matters, and she hopes to spend time in area schools serving as a mentor.
“I am so excited to have the opportunity as Miss Tech to go into as many schools as I can and to be a mentor for kids in the area,” said Copeland.
Copland said she looks forward to the opportunity to represent her university.
“I just got chills from thinking about it,” said Copeland. “Representing Arkansas Tech University means everything to me, and I’m going to do it to the best of my ability.”
In addition to winning the Miss Tech crown, Copeland received the CenturyLink Interview Award.
Others placing included:
- 1st Runner Up– Tiffany Squires
- 2nd Runner Up– Grace Evans
- 3rd Runner Up– Kaylee Hefley
- 4th Runner Up– Kelsey Stone
Other awards presented during the pageant included:
- CenturyLink Interview Award– Carly Copeland
- Lifestyle in Fitness and Swimsuit– Grace Evans
- Nona Dirksmeyer Talent Award– Kelsey Stone
- Miss Congeniality– Kelsey Stone
- Lindsey Ahrens Vocal Winner– Kelsey Stone
- Virginia Bachman Scholastic Achievement– Grace Evans
- Sandi Hodges Dance Award– Raigan Purtle
With the crown, Copeland will receive a two-semester tuition scholarship to Arkansas Tech, and she also receives several thousand dollars in gift certificates from area businesses. In all, more than $26,000 in gifts and scholarships were awarded during the pageant.Copeland will represent Arkansas Tech at Miss Arkansas this summer in Hot Springs.
She is one of six Tech students to compete for the Miss Arkansas crown this July.
Be sure to check back on arkansastechnews.com next week to see photos and video from the pageant.