Students, faculty, staff, alumni and friends of the institution are invited to attend the seventh annual International Film Festival at Arkansas Tech University during the spring 2022 semester.
Eight films in four languages will be screened during the festival, which is part of the On Track program under the Global Focus track. Face coverings and social distancing will be required for those attending the screenings.
Below is a schedule of showings for the festival. Each screening is free and open to the public, and each one will begin at 7 p.m. in the Doc Bryan Student Services Center Lecture Hall, 1605 Coliseum Drive in Russellville.
- Wednesday, March 2: “Undine” (German with English subtitles)
- Thursday, March 3: “El agente topo” (Spanish with English subtitles)
- Tuesday, March 8: “La faute à Fidel!” (French with English subtitles)
- Wednesday, March 9: “Godzilla” (Japanese with English subtitles)
- Thursday, March 10: “die Fälscher” (German with English subtitles)
- Tuesday, March 15: “Spirited Away” (Japanese with English subtitles)
- Wednesday, March 16: “Dolor y gloria” (Spanish with English subtitles)
- Thursday, March 17: “Le tout nouveau testament” (French with English subtitles)
The festival is organized by ATU faculty members Dr. Nelson Ramìrez, professor of Spanish and coordinator of world languages; Dr. Lowell Lybarger, associate librarian; and Philippe Van Houtte, associate librarian and visiting lecturer of French.
Films are selected by members of the world languages faculty at Arkansas Tech.
Learn more about the 2022 ATU International Film Festival at http://filmfest.atu.edu.