Arkansas Tech University will celebrate Museum Advocacy Day this Tuesday on the Arkansas Tech Campus.
The day is designated by the American Museum Association as a way to garner support for museums throughout the United States.
On Museum Advocacy Day, the Arkansas Tech Museum will be open from 9 a.m. – 7 p.m. for guests to enjoy five exhibits that are available for public viewing.
Visitors will be able to tour the following exhibits:
- The Changing Face of Campus Life—Selections from the Agricola and the Tech History Archive
- 2nd to University: Tech Presidents and the First Century
- Go Tech! Teams, Dreams, and Homecoming Queens
- Commitment to Service—Military Career Pathways
- Good Friends and Great Memories – Tech Student Organizations and A Program of Distinction – The Arkansas Tech Music Department
In recent years, the Arkansas Tech Museum underwent a significant significant change beginning with a revised mission statement: The purpose of this Museum is to provide a center for collection, conservation, education, interpretation, and research concerned with the history of Arkansas Tech University while making this knowledge and interpretation available to the community served by Arkansas Tech University.
For those visiting the campus in the evening, the Baswell Techioney will be open for dinner, and the Arkansas Tech University Concert Band will present a concert at 7:30 p.m. in the Witherspoon Building Auditorium.
Organizers say they hope to see lots of guests take part in Museum Advocacy Day, as it will allow alumni and friends an opportunity to share in the history and legacies of the university.
The Arkansas Tech Museum is located in the original Techionery on the Arkansas Tech Campus. For more information, call 479-968-0332.]]>