A new federally-funded program at Arkansas Tech University has openings for eligible students seeking additional resources in support of their academic progress.
The ATU Student Support Services (SSS) Teacher Prep program for education majors is open to students who meet at least one of the following criteria, which are set by the U.S. Department of Education:
- First generation college student
- Limited income
- Documented learning or physical disability
An eligible student must also be either a U.S. citizen or permanent resident who has not yet earned a bachelor’s degree and is committed to using SSS resources to graduate from ATU with a bachelor’s degree in education.
ATU students accepted into the SSS Teacher Prep program will receive access to the following free services:
- One-on-one tutoring
- Praxis test prep
- Graduate school planning
- Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) assistance
- Scholarship search and application assistance
- Academic/major/career advice
- Academic and professional development workshops
- Financial literacy
- Exclusive computer lab and study space
Visit www.atu.edu/sss, send e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org or visit Dr. Robert Charles Brown and Jill Lestage Brown Hall suite 345 for more information.
Additional details are available on this flyer: