The Arkansas Tech University Department of Agriculture has announced the students selected to serve as agriculture ambassadors during the 2016-17 academic year.
Thirteen Tech students will work within the department to build a sense of community between the students of the department by planning and executing events throughout the year.
Additionally, ambassadors serve as advocates on behalf of the Department of Agriculture and the agriculture industry.
Students selected must have met the following criteria:
- Completed two semesters in the Department of Agriculture
- Hold a minimum GPA of 2.75
- Be in good standing in the Department of Agriculture
Dr. Lucas Maxwell, assistant professor of agricultural education, serves as the faculty advisor for the ambassador team.
The following students have been named as Agriculture Ambassadors:
- Carley Allen of Oark, AR
- Paul Bennett of Caulksville, AR
- Jayme Burden of Decatur, AR
- Isaiah Currie of Linden, TX
- Sydney Hinkle of Dover, AR
- Mariah Latting of Benton, AR
- Jacob Marek of Baytown, Texas
- Gaby Sanders of Livingston, TX
- Paige Tipton of Russellville, AR
- Lindsey Triplett of Damascus, AR
- Katie Welch of Alpena, AR
- Will Welch of Alpena, AR
- Chase Williams of Fort Smith, AR