Eleven acts consisting of Arkansas Tech University students have been selected to compete in the preliminary round of Tech's Got Talent 2021.
The following acts will take the Witherspoon Auditorium stage beginning at 6 p.m. Tuesday, Oct. 19:
- Trent Curtis (vocal with electric guitar)
- Asia Smoke (vocal)
- Emma David (vocal with acoustic guitar)
- Juan Olivarez (vocal)
- Stuart Christian-Liles (bass solo)
- Grace Rhodes (vocal)
- Kayleb Starnes (instrumental piano-1950s rock-n-roll song)
- Jaelun Thomas (vocal)
- Oakley Smith and Matt Moseley (vocal with fiddle and acoustic guitar)
- Karson Kauffman and Noah Strout (lip syncing "Start of Something New" from "High School Musical")
- Parker Benton and Jake Moffett (vocal with acoustic guitar and electric guitar)
The top six acts as determined following the preliminary round will advance to the finals of Tech's Got Talent 2021, which are scheduled for 6 p.m. Friday, Oct. 22, at Witherspoon Auditorium.
The first-place act in the Tech's Got Talent finals will receive $600. Second place will earn $300, while $100 will be presented for third place.
Attendance for the Tech's Got Talent 2021 preliminary and final rounds of competition will be limited to 175 individuals in accordance with COVID-19 precautions.
Tech's Got Talent is presented by ATU Student Activities Board.