The Arkansas Tech University Office of Academic Affairs is reminding students of important dates during the final weeks of the fall 2020 semester.
(1) For all full-term courses, Wednesday, Nov. 18, is the last day to officially drop a course with a "W" (withdrawal) being recorded. Nov. 18 is also the last day to change from taking a course for credit to audit.
(2) Full-term courses will be dismissed as of 7 a.m. Wednesday, Nov. 25, for the Thanksgiving break. Students taking online and/or condensed courses should refer to the course syllabus for the holiday schedule.
(3) Monday, Nov. 30, is reading day. Final exams will begin at 7 p.m. Monday, Nov. 30, and run through 5:30 p.m. Friday, Dec. 4.
(4) Final grades for fall 2020 will be awarded using the grading scale: A, 4 points; B, 3 points; C, 2 points; D, 1 point; F, 0 points; WN, 0 points. All final grades are due on Tuesday, Dec. 8. The pass/fail/no credit option was applicable only for spring 2020.
In addition, early registration for the spring 2021 semester is underway. Early registration is for currently enrolled students based on the number of credit hours earned prior to the start of the current semester. Students must consult with their advisor before registering in classes.
Students may contact their advisors by e-mail to schedule an advising appointment. Each advisor’s contact information is accessible by visiting the academics tab of OneTech and selecting the spring 2021 term. The advisor’s name will be listed at the bottom of the screen. Click on the envelope to contact the advisor.
Students currently enrolled for the fall 2020 semester may register according to the following schedule:
- Monday, Oct. 19: graduate students and seniors (90 or more earned hours)
- Thursday, Oct. 22: juniors (60-to-89 earned hours)
- Monday, Oct. 26: sophomores (30-to-59 earned hours)
- Thursday, Oct. 29: freshmen (29 or fewer earned hours)
For more information about the fall 2020 academic calendar, visit www.atu.edu/registrar/calendar.php.