Undergraduate and graduate students at Arkansas Tech University are invited to participate in research symposiums during the spring 2022 semester.
All ATU undergraduate and graduate students are eligible to present their research and scholarship at the symposiums, which will be conducted Thursday, April 7. The 2022 ATU Graduate Research Symposium will take place in the Hull Physical Education Building from 10 a.m.-4 p.m. Details concerning the location and time of the 2022 ATU Undergraduate Research Symposium will be announced at a later date.
Deadline to apply for the graduate event is Friday, March 11, while applications for the undergraduate event are due Friday, March 18.
During the symposiums, presentations will be judged by ATU faculty members and awards will be presented to the top presenters.
Faculty are encouraged to attend the symposiums and ask questions or give constructive feedback to the student presenters.
Additional details about becoming involved in both events are below.
ATU 2022 Undergraduate Research Symposium
Students interested in participating should submit an abstract or brief description (300 words or less) in Microsoft Word to Dr. Nate Chapman, ATU assistant professor of sociology and director of undergraduate research, at email@example.com. Each proposal should include:
- The title of the research project should be typed in capitals at the top of the page; Skip one line and type;
- Name(s) of the student author(s) and e-mail address(es); underline the name of the presenter(s);
- Name(s) of the faculty mentor(s) and e-mail address(es) (if applicable);
- Name of the department;
- Skip one line and type the abstract without indentation;
- Abstracts should provide a brief overview of the research (research question, methodology, findings/analysis).
For more information, send e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
ATU 2022 Graduate Research Symposium
Students interested in participating should submit an abstract or brief description (500 words or less) at www.atu.edu/gradcollege/symposium.php. Each proposal should include:
- Presenter name
- Title of presentation
- A brief overview of the research (research question, methodology, findings/analysis)
Presentations from the ATU Graduate Research Symposium must also be submitted to the ATU Journal of Graduate Student Research for publication consideration.
For more information, send e-mail to email@example.com.