Arkansas Radio Theatre, an initiative that operates in association with the Arkansas Tech University Department of Communication and Journalism, will present the debut of “Reflections from Russia” on Saturday, Feb. 12.
The performance will air on KXRJ 91.9 FM and www.atu.edu/broadcast beginning at 7 p.m.
“Reflections from Russia” features the voice talents of Eli Mason and Sarah Pollock, both of whom were ATU students at the time of taping in fall 2021, as well as Dr. David J. Eshelman, head of the ATU Department of Communication and Journalism and professor of communication.
“Reflections from Russia” includes “Her Lover” by Maxim Gorky, adapted by ATU student Jordan Clark; and “A Doctor’s Visit” by Anton Chekhov.
Arkansas Radio Theatre provides audio-only performances of original plays and adaptations of literature. It was founded in 2007. Shows are made available to the visually impaired through the Arkansas Information Reading Service.
Archived broadcasts of each performance are uploaded to blogs.atu.edu/radiotheatre.
A second spring 2022 Arkansas Radio Theatre debut broadcast, “Unwanted Guests,” is planned for Saturday, April 9, at 7 p.m.
Cast members for “Unwanted Guests” include Cannon Cobb, Caleb Foshe, Cameron Jones, Callie Keeton, Sidalee Malone, Eli Mason, Madeleine Newman, Grace Phillips, Sarah Pollock, Morgan Stringer and Anthony Woods.
“Unwanted Guests” includes “We Beg of You” by ATU student Bri DeClue, directed by ATU student Caleb Foshe; “Subway Sam” by ATU student Joey Scheyder; and “Me, Him, and Some House Guests” by ATU student Jordan Clark, directed by ATU student Caleb Foshe.
Below is a complete listing of upcoming Arkansas Radio Theatre presentations, each of which will begin at 7 p.m.:
- Saturday, Feb. 12: “Reflections from Russia”
- Saturday, Feb. 19: “Pelleas and Melisande”
- Saturday, Feb. 26: “Reflections from Russia”
- Saturday, March 5: “As You Like It”
- Saturday, March 12: “Lillian Russell’s Entree Into Show Business”
- Saturday, March 19: “Pink Melon Joy”
- Saturday, March 26: “Pink Melon Joy”
- Saturday, April 2: “The Cryptid Killer” and “Masque of the Red Death”
- Saturday, April 9: “Unwanted Guests”
- Saturday, April 16: “Ecclesiastes”
- Saturday, April 23: “Unwanted Guests”
- Saturday, April 30: “She”
- Saturday, May 7: “Mrs. Bathurst”
Learn more about the ATU Department of Communication and Journalism at www.atu.edu/cj.