Arkansas Tech University will operate under the following procedures due to inclement weather in the region on Thursday, Feb. 11.
- The physical ATU campuses in Russellville and Ozark as well as Arkansas Tech Career Center will be closed on Thursday, Feb. 11.
- All classes (day and evening) will pivot to virtual learning. ATU students (Russellville and Ozark) should consult Blackboard and e-mail for information from faculty members about class-related assignments and/or lectures that will be completed by distance technology on Thursday, Feb. 11.
- On-campus offices will be closed at ATU in Russellville and Ozark, but operations will continue in a virtual environment. In addition, essential operations such as public safety, food service and technology support will remain available in order to serve residential students and support virtual operations. Staff members with university laptops and associated technology resources should take them home in preparation for remote work on Thursday, Feb. 11.
- The in-person sessions of Time Out for Tech 2021 (high school seniors visit day) scheduled for Thursday, Feb. 11, are canceled. The schedule for Time Out for Tech 2021 sessions on Friday, Feb. 12, and Saturday, Feb. 13, remains unchanged at this time. Any further adjustments to the Time Out for Tech 2021 schedule will be communicated as necessary at www.atu.edu/admissions/personaltours.php.
- ATU faculty and staff with appointments to receive a COVID-19 vaccine during an on-campus vaccination clinic scheduled for Thursday, Feb. 11, should plan on attending those appointments unless they receive an e-mail from the ATU Health and Wellness Center indicating the clinic has been rescheduled.
- Due to the possibility of power outages associated with this ice storm as well as family and personal responsibilities, all members of the ATU community are encouraged to extend grace to each other as we work together to navigate this inclement weather day to the best of our ability and preserve the safety of our students, faculty and staff.
ATU anticipates no adjustments to its operational procedures for Friday, Feb. 12. Faculty and staff should plan to follow their standard virtual Friday protocols that have been in place since the beginning of the fall 2020 semester due to the coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic.
Road condition updates are available through the Arkansas Highway and Transportation Department at www.idrivearkansas.com.
Faculty, staff and students are encouraged to check www.arkansastechnews.com as well as local radio and television stations for further updates regarding any weather-related closings at Arkansas Tech.